Everything You Need To Know About Robotics in Education and Businesses

Download 2019 Product Catalog Now

New Zealand Teachers How are You Using Digital Technology?

Interface Magazine NZ in association with HP on digital learning in New Zealand schools in 2019. A survey was conducted about the challenges and uses of digital technology in education and we are bringing to you the promising results. 


-The overall results of the survey demonstrate that digital technology is now part of teaching life. 95% of respondents indicated that they use technology in education "all the time". The other 5% use technology "most of the day. 93% of the surveyed people own a smartphone and nearly 4 out of 5 have a laptop"

-The survey was answered  by Teachers with specialist e-learning tole (30.64%), followed by Senior Management (24.26%). Teachers without specialist e-learning tole (23.77%), IT/Network Managers (8.33%), and principals (6.37%)

- Most of the surveyed people were from secondary schools (37.01%), followed by primary contributing years one to six (21.83%), primary full years one to eight (20.85%), Intermediate (10.8%), composite/area (5.15%) and Tekura Kaupapa Māori (2.25%)

- 1 in 5 respondents describe their school's digital capabilities as "excellent". A further half believe it's "good" and a quarter said it was "fair". 3.2% of the respondents selected "Not so good". Nearly two thirds are using the BYOD (Bring your ownr device) programe.  

-Laptops, desktops and printers are ever-present, and nearly 1 in 10 schools has Virtual Reality headsets (8.35%)

-Costs and budgets are the challenging factors in the decision-making to purchase digital technology. Nearly a quarter believe upgrades to hardware aren't made because the cost is too high. Outdated and broken hardware is the most reported pain-point, followed by managing students devices. 

- 73% of the surveyed people want lessons ideas and activities to get students using technology creatively. 61% want to learn more about what future technologies are most relevant to education. 

Would you like to Implement Digital Technology in the Classroom? 

RobotLAB's Virtual Reality kits and lessons activities are here to start implementing engaging and innovative technologies in the classroom! Check it out

        Virtual Reality Packs for Education

VR Lenovo

  • Oct 4, 2019 10:57:16 AM


Relevant Posts

Popular Posts